Download a local version of the website
If Apertium is already installed on your computer with several
language pairs, you can already do translations in console mode.
But if you prefer to use a graphic environment, a web interface
like the one of this website can resolve the problem.
In addition, with a local version of this website, you do not need
a permanent internet access to do translations with your browser.
On the other hand, if you develop language pairs, your modifications
will be available locally without waiting 24 H.
Therefore, have need to install :
- a web server (like Apache) and a PHP interpreter,
- this website in local version.
Once the local version of this website installed, you will find in
its documentation how configure the website to allow it to find the
language pairs implanted on your computer.
The local version of this website web is very similar from the on-line
version of this website. The differences are about the user preferences
- any cookies of the local website expire to the closure of the
- the preferences are recorded in a uniq file on the server that
is loaded when you connect to the local website,
- there is no user account to record and recover preferences,
- any language pair implanted on the computer is accessible from
the local website,
- consistently, the list of the preferred languages and the selection
of the language pairs according to their quality level do not exist
on the local website.
Download the local version